December 21, 2018
As I was thinking about a pre-Christmas blog I returned to a blog I wrote a few years ago about my favorite things about Lewis County at the holidays. I went back and reread my list and I think it has aged well.
Here is my “Favorite Things” list from 2016:
About this time in other years I have done a list of my Favorite Stillwaters Estates Christmas “things” but this year it is my favorite Lewis County list of Christmas things.
1. Driving by Callison, IP & Sons (any time of year actually) on National Avenue and smelling the Peppermint. Breath deeply is my motto!
2. Going to see the Borst Park Christmas Lights (2018 Note: Showing through Christmas Eve)
3. Christmas planning (or any other planning) over a cup of coffee at your favorite local coffee place – Santa Lucia, Fiddlers or other.
4. Driving around Centralia or Chehalis to look at Christmas lights – there are some very spectacular places.
5. Walk around downtown Centralia or Chehalis and check out the local stores – get that small town feeling and it will perk up your Christmas cheer barometer.
7. Attending a local concert of Christmas music. Whether it is classical or religious Christmas music it will inspire that Christmas spirit.
8. Walk or drive around Stillwaters and check out the lights throughout the neighborhood. From the extravagant to the simple it is wonderful to see.
Enjoy your holidays around Stillwaters and around Lewis County!
QUOTE OF THE WEEK: