Stillwaters Estates is a secure, gated Pre-retirement/Retirement Community for adults aged 50+ featuring a variety of building lots for new construction, high-quality previously owned homes, rental properties and an assisted living facility. Founded in 1986 on the age-old values we all treasure, Stillwaters remains beautiful, safe and friendly.
Other nearby attractions include the scenic Washington Coast and Pacific Ocean, Puget Sound, skiing, hiking, fishing, Mt. Rainier National Park, and Mt. St. Helens. For trips further afield, Interstate 5 or Amtrak passenger rail service through the heart of Centralia will take you to gateway airports and seaports in Seattle and Portland in under two hours.
Enjoy freedom to come and go as you please, with yard maintenance provided; someone to care for your home while you travel; quiet neighborhoods; lots of walking space; country living within “gated” security; and fenced, paved RV parking.
We began Stillwaters Estates in 1986 with a vision that continues to unfold. We, our staff, and contractors are committed to providing a pre-retirement/retirement community that is founded on the age-old values we all treasure. Stillwaters remains family-owned and operated, beautiful, safe and friendly. We invite you to become a part of our community.
Our objectives have been three-fold:
1) That Stillwaters would serve those with at least average means. This takes a great deal of commitment on the part of Stillwaters, especially with construction costs continuing to rise.
2) To provide Home and Lot Ownership. In most situations it is not prudent to lease a lot. Leasing leaves the homeowner vulnerable to escalating charges and does not provide long term security. For couples, home ownership is even more important because the home becomes a protected asset, should Long Term Care become necessary for one of the spouses.
3) To build a community that is sensitive to changing medical needs. We have demonstrated this by the type of homes we build, our on-site Assisted Living facility, and the services we provide our residents.
Through the years, Stillwaters has been fortunate enough to have the same contractor, LTJ Builders, Inc., and the same sub-contractors who have built affordable homes of high quality. We consider ourselves a team dedicated to providing the very best for our residents. We are proud to have designed our homes with features that enable our residents to stay in their homes in spite of changing physical needs. These design considerations help ensure our homeowners are definitely long-term residents:
|• NO STAIRS
• Double-wall Construction
• 36″ doors throughout
• Kitchen appliances
• City water, sewer, garbage and electric
• Automatic garage door openers
|• Monitored heat, smoke and fire alarms
• Emergency medical alarms
• All underground utilities
• Fully Landscaped yards
• Automatic yard and garden sprinklers
We have a variety of home options: individual homes with two or three bedrooms, most with two car garages; duplex homes divided by single car garages; and spacious attached homes with single and double garages. Even our Condo units are free of stairs. Our rentals are built with the same quality and features as our single-family homes. Our ground level garden apartments and duplexes fit in perfect harmony with the single-family residences throughout Stillwaters.
Life at Stillwaters Estates is as carefree as you want it to be, thanks to our hard-working crews.
Stillwaters Estates encompasses 120 acres of private land. Individual lots and homes are owned by their respective homeowners. All public land, including the Gathering Place, roads, streetlights, mail stations and parks, are owned by Stillwaters. Keeping all this property in top condition is the job of our maintenance crews.
Homeowners pay a monthly maintenance fee to Stillwaters that covers the costs of:
|• Security gate protection/maintenance
• Road maintenance
• Monitored emergency medical system
• Monitored fire alarm system
• Yard mowing, edging, weeding year-round
• Snow shoveling/plowing
• Home Exterior Maintenance
|• Comcast extended cable TV
• Washing, painting, gutters cleaned
• Exterior windows washed twice a year
• Twice-monthly mini-health check
• Vegetable garden areas for shared gardening
• Garbage and recycling
• The Gathering Place community building
• Use of recreational areas