Since I write every week about “Stillwaters Living” I thought I would talk this week about some of the benefits residents of Stillwaters have when it comes to services from the office and office staff. These are available to residents Monday through Friday, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Many of these services are here to provide convenience for residents – to make life just a little bit easier and less complicated as we age. I know I appreciate that!
- Free Notary services
- Free Monthly Newsletter that shares neighborhood information, upcoming events and other “what’s new” items. These are delivered to your door each month by very loyal and reliable volunteers from our neighborhood.
- Free Faxing ($1.00 a page if long distance) – incoming or outgoing.
- Self-service Copy machine (10¢ a page)
- Free Mail Pickup for when you are on vacation
- Free Blood Pressure checks in The Gathering Place, twice a month.
- Free Movie Night at The Gathering Place once a month. Sponsored by Sherri Garland, these movies are very topical and lots of fun.
- Troubleshooting – Phone, Cable, Internet and just about anything you can name.
- Referrals to doctors, plumbers, carpenters, painters, exterminators and lots of other local businesses for your every home design and care need.
- Self-service and honor-system library of books, videos and puzzles.
- And last, but not least, free doggie treats when residents bring their doggie by the office on their daily walks.
These and all the outside maintenance of homes are provided as a part of the Monthly Maintenance paid by each resident. As you can see there are lots of benefits to living in our little neighborhood!
We have become not a melting pot but a beautiful mosaic. Different people, different beliefs, different yearnings, different hopes, different dreams. – Jimmy Carter
Saturday, October 12th: Hal Linden to Perform at Centralia College. Noted actor Hal Linden will be presenting “An Evening with Hal Linden” at 7:30 p.m. Saturday at Centralia College’s Corbet Theatre. Backed by a seven-piece band, Linden will perform some of America’s greatest songs and Broadway hits. In 1971, he won the Tony Award for Best Actor in a Musical for his role in “The Rothschilds.” Linden’s performance is sponsored by Lewis County Concerts. Individual or season tickets may be purchased by calling (360) 623-8100.
Tuesday, October 15th: Lewis County Assessor Dianne Dorey will be here in The Gathering Place to talk about property tax senior exemptions. The session starts at 10 a.m. She will also talk about property tax reassessments.