Christmas 2015 Photos
About this time in other years I have done a list of my favorite Stillwaters Estates Christmas “things” but this year it is my favorite Lewis County list of Christmas things.
1. Driving by Callison, IP & Sons (any time of year actually) on National Avenue and smelling the Peppermint. Breath deeply is my motto!
2. Going to see the Borst Park Christmas Lights (See details below)
3. Christmas planning (or any other planning) over a cup of coffee at your favorite local coffee place – St. Lucia, Fiddlers or other.
4. Driving around Centralia or Chehalis to look at Christmas lights – there are some very spectacular places.
5. Walk around downtown Centralia or Chehalis and check out the local stores – get that small town feeling and it will perk up your Christmas cheer barometer.
7. Attending a local concert of Christmas music. Whether it is classical or religious Christmas music it will inspire that Christmas spirit.
8. Walk or drive around Stillwaters and check out the lights throughout the neighborhood. From the extravagant to the simple it is wonderful to see.
Quote of the Week:
Keep your eyes on the stars, and your feet on the ground. – Theodore Roosevelt
Happenings this Week:
Saturday, December 17th and Sunday, December 18th: Voetberg Family Christmas Concert (Saturday, December 17th at 7pm and Sunday, the 18th at 2 and 7pm) at the Fox Theatre in downtown Centralia. Tickets are $10 each; $7 for those under 13, and available at Fiddler’s Coffee, Holley’s Place and at brownpapertickets.com.
Through Christmas: 6th annual Borst Park Drive-Thru Light Display underway now, through December 25th, from 5-9pm. This colorful exhibit continues to grow, with 10 new displays this year. Drive through Borst Park and view the dozens of lighted displays, many of which are animated. The fee is $3 per car or $2 with a can of food; buses are $12.
Friday, Saturday and Sunday: The Southwest Washington Ballet Ensemble presents the Nutcracker December 16th-18th, at Corbet Theater at Centralia College. Tickets are on sale now at the Southwest Washington Dance Center, or call 360-748-4789 for more information.
Thursday, December 22nd: Movie night here at Stillwaters Estates. This month the movie is a 1940 Christmas movie called “Beyond Tomorrow”. This a reschedule of movie night from last week when we had our beautiful snow break! Movie starts at 6 p.m., with ice cream served at 5:45.
Here’s a thought for the week about Christmas Gifts: