June 8, 2018
As I see new residents get moved in it has gotten me to thinking about the endless list of things to do when you get moved in. I talk with prospective residents all the time about the steps to buying a home here but rarely get a chance to talk more about after the moved. I ran across this article on the top ten things to do once you move in and just had to share.
Source: RealtyTimes.com, written by RealtyTimes staff and published June 7, 2018. Click HERE for the full article. Below is my abbreviated version.
Ten Things to do after Relocating to a New City
1. Get Connected to your New Neighborhood: Meet your neighbors
2. Update your address with the important contacts: Address change post cards are a convenient way to go.
3. Register your vehicle: Changing your address on your license and registration is important.
4. Re-register to vote in your new location: Follow this LINK for the National Voters Registration site. .
5. Find a doctor/dentist: Click here to find a Doctor or Dentist near you. Make sure to do a quick check of ratings as well.
6. Update your insurance: Compare Auto Insurance now! You would be surprised to see how much auto insurance can vary state-to-state, but it certainly make sure you get the best and most advantageous rate.
7. Check your commute to work: Try at least two different routes and time how long it takes you to go each way.
8. Get acquainted with your new city! Try new things: Go to new grocery stores. Check out “Discover Lewis County” at this LINK
9. Review your moving company: Let us know here in the office if you would recommend your moving company. Good or bad – we like to know.
10. Other Activities – Community College, fitness, best place to walk, run or hike. Talk to your neighbors and ask us here at the office. The Stillwaters Estates office is a great resource for community information.
Also of note: We do a “New Resident Orientation” every few months and the next one is coming up Wednesday, June 20th. All residents are welcome as we share tips and insights into Stillwaters and the surrounding community. Time: 3:00 p.m., here at The Gathering Place.
QUOTE OF THE WEEK:
If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours. -Henry David Thoreau