April 12, 2019
Oh what to do on a rainy day? Today the rain is drizzling and kind of a steady drizzle at that! This is a week of This and That so here are some to-do ideas, some are for fun and some ideas to up your game on chores.
- Read a good book: Come to the Gathering Place and get a book or two from our lending library. We have movies and music too!
- Go catch a movie at one of our local theaters:
Coming Attractions Theatre
- Catch up on little chores – a few today means less for tomorrow! A good day for ironing or dusting. Sometimes combining these chores with some good music can make the chore more interesting.
- Catch up on reading the newspaper, magazines or this months Stillwaters Estates Newsletter!
Gardening Tool Tips
For those who are thinking of gardening now or in the warmer months to come here are some tips found in this months AARP Bulletin under “Springtime Savings”.
- Get Tools for less on Freecycle.org or Craigslist. Apps like OfferUp, Letgo and Nextdoor are sources for new and used gardening supplies.
- Now is the time for splitting and replanting perennials. Maybe you have a neighbor who wants to share.
- Check out the local garden stores for new finds. Last year we had a new Hydrangea Tree in the neighborhood that drew lots of attention. It’s called Pinky Winky and is a Pannicle Hydrangea Tree. This picture doesn’t begin to do the real thing justice in how beautiful it is. The flowers bloom white and change to shades of pink as the season progresses.
It appears the rain will continue for the next few weeks so settle in and enjoy the reprieve from the cold of winter.
Quote for the Week:
Housework can’t kill you, but why take a chance? -Phyllis Diller