Meditation Moments

Meditation Moments

April 2, 2020

Here are a few moments of meditation from our neighborhood.

One of two Mallard pairs in the ponds next to Colonial Drive. Doing their Spring thing.

Turn your sound up to hear a few pond moments with the birds

I know this is repeating what I have told you before but this is always a good one. This is one of my favorite poems for times like these:

The Peace of Wild Things by Poet Wendell Berry

When despair for the world grows in me and I wake in the night at the slightest sound, in fear of what my life and my children’s life may be.

I go and lie down where the wood drake rests in his beauty on the water, and the great heron feeds.

I come into the peace of wild things who do not tax their lives with forethought of grief.

I come into the presence of still water. And I feel above me the day-blind stars waiting with their light.

For a time I rest in the grace of the world. And am free.

I have named this photo “Going with the Flow”. I hope you too can get out in our neighborhood and enjoy your “moments of meditation” through the beauty of nature this week.

stillwatersestates

7 COMMENTS
  • Dan Duffy

Beautiful, Cindy. Thank you

• Starrla Rivera

Thank you Cindy for an upbeat, positive outlook on life. It certainly radiates from you my friend. It’s much better reading, and/or hearing something that has a sense of peace. It does help relieve some of the anxiety.

Blessings my friend and to Mr. Blogger as well.

• Sally Thummel

Cindy,

Thanks for the great nature photos!

• Kathleen Mills

I agree about the calm of the ponds.

• Mark and Nancy Carlson

• Joyce M Butkus

Lovely, serene pictures.

The Wellons on Faulkner have decorated their Grey Heron and worth a picture!

• Dee Birchard

God’s creation never fails to feed my soul. Thank you for capturing it for us.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Stillwaters Estates complies with Federal Fair Housing Laws prohibiting discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, familial status, and disability in the admission or access to, or treatment or employment in its housing programs and activities. Stillwaters Estates is also Fair Housing compliant regarding State, County and City definitions of protected classes. The Fair Housing / 504 Coordinator has been designated to coordinate compliance with the nondiscrimination requirements contained in the Department of Housing and Urban Developmentā€™s regulations implementing Section 504 (24 CFR, part 8 dated June 2, 1988).